Sunday, June 15, 2008

Vogue covers then and now

A couple of days I was looking around at some blogs and I found a blog, can't remember which one though, who had some vogue covers on her blog from then and now. And I really liked the idea, so I was spitting through the archive on the Vogue site for some nice covers to show you girls.


December 1917


April 1919


July 1922


October 1928


May 1931

June 1934


August 1938


April 1948


April 1952


January 1957


June 1962

December 1965

October 1967

February 1979

November 1984

March 1989


November 1991

March 1995


February 2003


January 2004


July 2008

12 comments:

Caroline said...

AMAZING post. It is my secret ambition to dress up everyday like i lived in the 1920's. no lie.

FASHION CHALET said...

lovely Vintage Vogue!! ♥

Wendy said...

I love old magazine covers!

WendyB said...

Love 1952. Can't imagine them doing something so interesting now.

Human Racing said...

Amazing post. It's nice to see the progression of the vogue covers in such a concentrated way like this. I wish they would do some more artist drawn covers.

Anonymous said...

Where are your legs??? GO HOLLAND

Cammila said...

How incredibly inspiring. That nouveau artwork is so amazing -- it really shows you how the silhouettes of the time developed.

Lust for Fashion said...

evolution of the vogue covers!
Great post :D

Anonymous said...

after working at teen vogue for nearly two years, i seriously considered buying some old conde nast prints like these, but decided against it. you've now inspired me to find an old cover like this and put it up in my tv room. great blog, care to trade links?

Robin said...

Beautiful is all I can say

aizat.cinta.goddess said...

i in love with the magazine with a good blog!!

view my blog..i did a post on my fashion magazine from my county called GLAM

Imelda said...

Leuke post!
Oude magazines zijn zo leuk om door te bladeren. Ik hou al mijn tijdschriften altijd bij, altijd leuk als ik eens een dagje niet weet wat te doen.
Ik vind vooral de getekende covers erg mooi!